I highly recommend Mark Manson’s book “The subtle art of not giving a f*ck”. It’s not a self-help book like most others, instead it’s an unscrupulous slap in the face, but very insightful and hilariously funny. I read it two years ago and wrote down my 10 favorite quotes. 10 insights to ponder on. If you don’t feel like reading the whole book, here they are:
1. Life is essentially an endless series of problems.
2. Who you are is defined by what you are willing to struggle for.
3. Pleasure is not the cause of happiness. It is the effect.
4. It’s far more helpful to assume that you’re ignorant.
5. Fault is past tense. Responsibility is present tense.
6. Nothing is for certain until it has already happened – and even then, it’s still debatable.
7. Instead of striving for certainty, we should be in constant search of doubt.
8. Action isn’t just the effect of motivation; it’s also the cause of it.
9. It really is simple. It’s just not easy.
And of course my favorite:
10. Maturity is what happens when one learns to only give a f*ck about what’s truly f*ckworthy.